Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

An update on the Commerford Zoo post

For the original post about Commerford Zoo, please click on the link located at the top left of this page.

I've had the amazing experience of seeing my blog appear in google search results and receiving emails from other people who are so glad to see that there are others out there advocating on behalf of the animals at the Commerford Zoo.  As much as it pains me to know that others have had the same experience I had, and that the animals are so clearly suffering, I enjoy knowing that I've been able to reach some people, and maybe increase awareness somehow. 


As for progress on advocating, I've contacted an editor of the local paper and she says that she will likely run a story if this zoo ever comes back to Salisbury.  I contacted the venue who hosted them directly and never heard anything back.  I may try another email address if I don't hear back by the end of this coming week.    

Blogger gives the ability to track what search results give hits on my blog.  Over the last week, the majority of hits to my blog have been related to the Commerford Zoo.  Unfortunately, they only show the most recent 10 hits, but I think it's obvious that people are just as horrified as I am.  You figure, they are so affected by what they see that they do exactly what I did:  they hit google and see if they are alone in their horror.  Here is the list of the most recent 10 hits on my blog, and what they were searching to get here:

commerford zoo
 









commerford zoo+complaints










abuse commerford zoo










anislandofmisfittoys.blogspot.com










commerford cruelty










commerford petting zoo










commerford traveling zoo










commerford zoo coupons










commerford zoo march 26










commerford zoo traveling zoo
 
The coupons one and March 26th one make me happiest because it means I've reached those people BEFORE they witness this nastiness.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this place today at the erie county fair. 4 small horses chained tightly to a carousel so that kids could ride them in a circle and get their picture taken. I saw the exhaustion in the horses eyes and I was overcome with sadness. While I was sitting there watching kids be placed on this horse's back after it had worked for god knows how long, I saw the man working yell at one of the horses because it stopped walking. I heard the flash of anger in his voice and I immediately imagined what he would have done if there were no people around. These poor horses look as if they are going to pass out from fatigue. Their eyes are glazed over and they flutter as if they dart in and out of reality in an attempt to get some rest. I absolutely NEED to do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I really like this post regarding petting zoo services. Thanks for posting. Keep blogging..

    ReplyDelete